Pelargonium for Europe is an international marketing initiative for geraniums founded by breeders: Dümmen Orange, Elsner PAC, Florensis, Geranien Endisch, Selecta One and Syngenta.
This is Pelargonium for Europe’s website for the green industry
About • Über
Pelargonium for Europe is a marketing initiative for geraniums founded by European breeders: Dümmen Orange, Elsner PAC, Florensis, Geranien Endisch, Selecta one and Syngenta.
It was founded in 2016 with the aim to promote and secure long-term geranium sales in Europe. Activities began in 2017 and are currently being implemented in ten European countries. The current target markets are: Germany, France, UK, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, Austria, Switzerland and Sweden.
We work closely with our marketing board of breeders to coordinate a wide range of activities in 10 European countries, aimed at increasing geranium sales through promoting and strengthening the plant's image. Our campaigns, delivered by our international partner agencies, are designed with carefully defined themes and targets based on consumer trends and market data.
Pelargonium for Europe focuses on targeting key consumer groups via two clear channels: a) the media and b) the green sector including all parts of the supply chain.
Target consumer groups are Family & Career Builders (aged 25 - 35), New Life Builders (aged 50 - 60) - both at transitional stages in life, and traditional buyers.
PR, media relations and social media measures play a large role in targeting consumers directly. These activities are wide and diverse, including classic press communication as well as media collaboration in various forms. From TV studio decoration to radio competitions, influencer partnerships to expert magazine interviews and participation at events or festivals - all are aiming for maximum reach online, in print and broadcast. See Pelargonium for Europe's press and consumer site.
Close working partnerships, collaborations and communication with members of the green trade are valued extremely highly across the international campaign. Pelargonium for Europe aims to support all levels of the supply chain, this includes:
• Retailers - by providing POS materials, advice and information.
• Organised trade such as wholesalers and markets - for example by supplying materials to be distributed to their customers or participating in their events.
• Trade organisations and associations - for example our international partners have collaborated with groups such as BLOOMs, Interflora, FloraHolland and Landgard.
• Other trade groups such as education and consultancy companies - many of PfE's partner agencies are deeply involved within the green trade in their countries, spreading campaign messages through pre-existing business relationships. Partners include national greenhouse and horticulture associations with regional offices.
• Events - Pelargonium for Europe and its partners participate in trade events in various countries, most notably at IPM Essen in Germany.
Get in touch if you would like to become a trade partner.
Contact • Kontakt
Pelargonium for Europe GbR
Godesberger Allee 142 - 148
D-53175 Bonn, Germany
Project Management: Dr. Susanne Lux